22.10.12

I hate job hunting

So I've realised that when I look for jobs, I do a lot of bullshitting. I figure out what the job is for, and I really play it up.

"Yes! When I had a dog I always loved grooming and washing them. And I just thought, 'What if I could do this full-time AND get paid for it!'"

"Answering phones is a way of life for me. I think being a receptionist has always been my calling."

"I absolutely love cooking! So when I heard about the fry cook position at my local Arbys I had to go for it."

Why is it that when you apply to any average, minimum wage job, you must have a passion for whatever it is? Like if I wanted to be a house cleaner they would probably ask if vacuuming cat hair was a special interest of mine.

No asshole, I'm doing this because I need money. And that doesn't mean I won't be a hard worker or I won't be able to learn the necessary skills for the job, it just means that hopefully you won't steal more than a year of my life. 

Next time someone asks me in an interview if being a telemarketer is my life's goal, I'll...I'll...probably say yes it is, because I do really need a job. 

x

1 comment: